Where Champions Learn to Play
ABOUT TAG INTERNATIONAL TENNIS ACADEMY
TAG International Tennis Academy was founded in Singapore in 2001 by Tan Xu Teng, or affectionately known by his coaches and students as Coach X, with the vision of establishing the best professional tennis club management company and tennis academy in Singapore based on holistic teaching approaches, providing competitive tennis juniors and players of all skill levels with the highest quality and performance lessons in Singapore by elite tennis coaches in Singapore.
PROFESSIONAL TENNIS LESSONS IN SINGAPORE BY ELITE TENNIS COACHES OF TAG INTERNATIONAL TENNIS ACADEMY
Since its inception, TAG International Tennis Academy’s tennis lessons in Singapore have touched more than 5,000 clients. Many of these remains with TAG International Tennis Academy today, a testament to the standards of the tennis coaching programs conducted by us. The strong growth has enabled the tennis school to engage even more highly qualified and Singapore certified tennis coaches who are still playing competitive tennis and share the same vision, coaching philosophy, framework and approach to tennis as Founder, Coach X.
At present, TAG International Tennis Academy runs a comprehensive suite of tennis programs in Singapore and private tennis lessons in Singapore for participants of all ages and playing levels. TAG International Tennis Academy has the experience and expertise to customise its tennis programs to suit the individual needs of its clientele, instead of relying on a standardized, overly structured approach to instruction.
TAG INTERNATIONAL TENNIS ACADEMY @ WINCHESTER TENNIS ARENA
On its 15th Anniversary in 2015, TAG International Tennis Academy reached a milestone in its history by opening Singapore’s first ever indoor tennis courts named Winchester Tennis Arena (WTA). Nestled in the tranquil surroundings on Alexandra Park at 12A Winchester Road Singapore 117786, Winchester Tennis Arena is the proud home of TAG International Tennis Academy with four beautiful fully sheltered indoor tennis courts. With a generous roof of 40ft and a 15ft baseline, it is suitable for high performance level tennis training, competitive tennis matches and formal tennis tournaments in Singapore.
Tennis lessons are conducted safely by our TAG International Tennis Academy’s certified coaches, without the inconvenience of inclement weather. These beautiful sheltered indoor tennis courts are for rent for recreation and social games as well.
TAG INTERNATIONAL TENNIS ACADEMY - CLUB MANAGEMENT
With its deep experience in club management, TAG International Tennis Academy has helmed tennis programs for several prestigious town and country clubs in Singapore, delivering high quality and structured tennis programs to their members in groups lessons or private lessons. Clubs that TAG International Tennis Academy have managed or are managing include The Tanglin Club, Chinese Swimming Club, Serangoon Gardens Country Club, Warren Golf & Country Club, Safra Mount Faber, Safra Tampines, Safra Jurong, Safra Yishun, Home Team NS Balestier, Home Team NS Bukit Batok, Changi Beach Club, Ferraria Park, and Lake Life.
Clubs that are interested to provide professionally managed tennis programs to their members are welcomed to contact us to explore such possibilities.
TAG INTERNATIONAL TENNIS ACADEMY | PRIVATE TENNIS LESSON IN SINGAPORE
Private lessons are the platinum standard of TAG International Tennis Academy’s tennis lessons for adults and kids. Meticulously planned in discussion with you, the client, each tennis lesson is specifically tailored to your exact needs. Technical drill sessions to improve a weakness into a strength, tactical live ball sessions to appreciate the nuances of winning match play strategies, or just a hit about after a stressful and hectic work in the office for a good work-life balance. TAG International Tennis Academy’s private tennis lessons offer the best unparalleled development potential, at the privacy of your own session, at a time of your choosing at our sheltered Winchester Tennis Arena or your choice of a tennis court at country clubs or public tennis court or tennis count at your condo.
Private Tennis Lesson Fees
Tennis Lesson at Winchester Tennis Area
(inclusive of court hire)
Per Hour Ad Hoc: $120 / hour
10 Hours Package: $1,100 ($110 / hour)
25 Hours Package: $2,625 ($105 / hour)
50 Hours Package: $5,000 ($100 / hour)
Tennis Lesson at anywhere in Singapore
(inclusive of court hire)
Per Hour Ad Hoc: $95 / hour
10 Hours Package: $900 ($90 / hour)
25 Hours Package: $2,125 ($85 / hour)
50 Hours Package: $4,000 (80 / hour)
TAG INTERNATIONAL TENNIS ACADEMY | DOUBLE MASTERY TENNIS LESSON IN SINGAPORE
Many players play doubles like how they play singles, just extending the center line and each player plays half and rallies cross court. That’s not the way doubles is played.
There are concepts like the Worker Bee (the hardworking returner), the Terminator (who poaches off his partner’s good set-up shots), and specific spots on the court where you can draw specific responses from your opponents.
There are also statistically advantageous positioning tactics known as “The Stagger” to completely dominate your opponents and limit your opponent’s effectiveness and options. Conversely, we also impart the statistically disadvantageous positions so that you avoid limiting your options and giving away easy points to your opponents.
Doubles Mastery also imparts very specific responses to common scenarios that are encountered in a typical competitive tennis match. By knowing the winning responses to these scenarios and constantly practising the shots and patterns, you will be streets ahead of your opponents in thought and familiarity and typical outcomes to easy manage the responses they can put back at you to confidently defeat them.
Doubles Mastery also focuses on teaching you how to be a better doubles player individually, so that you can doubles partner anyone in your social tennis or club league. The emphasis on when to poach, when to pinch towards the middle, when to steal a point, how to bait an opponent into giving you a ball you want, and the specific footwork patterns required to execute these shots are emphasised.
Perfect for regular partners or ladies teams that participate in the Women’s International Tennis Singapore (WITS) and Ladies Tennis Singapore (LTS) tournaments in Singapore.
Sign up now and learn how to play the best doubles in your life, and be loved by your club mates, teammates and social groups.
…. Immerse in the TAG International Tennis Academy experience now!
At TAG international, Where Champions Learn to Play.
The TAG International Tennis Academy Definitive Guide Series
This article is part of the TAG Definitive Guide Series which encompasses the best tennis advice available on the internet. If you enjoyed this article, some other interesting tennis instruction articles you may like:
Technical Instruction Guide:
- Best tips to a Powerful Modern Forehand by Coaches of TAG International
- Best tips to a reliable Double Backhand by TAG Coach Israel Abarquez
- Best tips to a powerful serve by TAG Coach Michael Mantua
- Best tips to a on the return of serve for a one-hander by TAG Coach Peter Egos
- Best tips to a devastating one handed backhand by TAG Coach Bo Alburo
- Best tips to a knee buckling drop shot by TAG Coach Ten Rapeepat
- Best tips to a ferocious inside out forehand by TAG Coach Jeremy Maniago
- Best tips to a picture perfect topspin lob by TAG Coach Parek Pratim
- Imparting the Advanced Foundation to Juniors to Ensure their Long Term Development
Tactical Instruction Guide
- Best tips to an impregnable defence by TAG Coach Rocky Paglalunan
- Best tips on the art of poaching in doubles by TAG Coach Dave Regencia
- Best tips to an effective Serve and Volley Game by TAG Coach Ray Evan
- Best left-hander tips by TAG Coach Parekh Pratim
- Best tips to hit the ball Early on the Rise
Tournament Preparation Guide
- Best tennis conditioning exercises to become more accurate and powerful and outlast your opponents by TAG Coach Bobby Esquivel
- Best advice on Nutrition and Diet in Tennis for Peak Athletic Performance by TAG Coach xt
- Mental Toughness Secrets in Tennis to Win You More Matches
- Essential Items you need in your Tennis Bag on Match Day
Singapore Tennis Information Guide
- Complete guide to Ladies Tennis in Singapore
- Comprehensive guide to tennis strings, and the best tennis stringers in Singapore
- Spotlight: ATP Malaysia Open Sharon Yeo of String Fix in the Central Business District of Singapore
- Spotlight: Australian Open Stringer Melvin Tan of Leisure Sports in Orchard Singapore
- Spotlight: Best children tennis birthday party host Mervyn Goh of ImaginArts
- Spotlight: Interesting things to know about Coach Rapeepat Thonghatta including that he was coach to 2 ATP Players before joining TAG
- Why TAG International Tennis Academy is widely acknowleged to be the best tennis academy in Singapore
- Racquet Review: The Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Limited Edition RF97 2019
- Spotlight: Coach Bo Alburo – ITF Men’s 35+ World #2
- Spotlight: Coach X – ITF Men’s 35+ World #56
- Coach X appointed as Senior Coach of the ActiveSG Tennis Academy
- Coach xt and Peter Egos win Singapore Open Men’s 2019 Doubles Title
If you are looking to learn or improve your tennis, you can look to some of Singapore’s best private tennis lessons conducted by the best Singapore tennis coaches from the best tennis academy in Singapore, TAG International Tennis Academy by taking private tennis lessons. We can be contacted at +6598395232, or contact us HERE.