On this Laver Cup weekend on 21 September 2019, Wilson Tennis and Roger Federer have released the second edition of the Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph RF97 Limited Edition 2019. Here’s our tennis racquet review:
The racquet is of a beautiful shade of blue that is unlike any other tennis racquets in the market. The closest we can describe it is that it is similar to the “Porsche” blue. It also has the signature simple and elegant design and the velvety finish that the Wilson Pro Staff All Black series and the previous Orange 2018 Limited Edition is well know for.
The Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition 2019 has the exact same specifications that his racquet is known for, with no changes:
- 97 sq in
- 9 pts head light
- 12.6 ounces / 340g
- 27 in long
- 16 x 19 string pattern
- Suitable for an attacking all court player
What’s new compared to the previous orange version is that it has the Laver Cup mark on one side of the throat, and the usual Wilson seal of authenticity and Roger Federer’s Autograph on the other.
The Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition 2019 comes with a Wilson leather grip.
The racquet is constructed with Wilson Pro Staff’s signature perimeter weighting system for unparalleled stability.
The 9 points head light balance gives the Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition 2019 easy manoeuvrability and fast acceleration to impart massive spin on the ball.
The heavy 12.6 ounces / 340g allows for adequate power on the ball, and allows the racquet to withstand its own against hard shots from the opponent or huge serves without getting pushed back, and it offers the significant plough through on attacking shots through the impact zone.
The Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition 2019’s graphite with aramid braided composite gives the racquet exceptional feel and feedback on the ball for enhanced accuracy on impact.
The constant beam of the Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition 2019 makes this a controlled oriented racquet. Players will need to bring their own power over the course of a best of three sets match.
The Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition 2019 is extremely stable on impact.
The racquet easily holds its ground and feels rock solid like a mountain even against powerful opponents, even on the volleys against very hard struck passing shots that you are able to get to.
The racquet’s design allows for a whippy like swing path, and combined with the 16 x 19 string pattern, allows you easy access to topspin to find extremely short angles just like a Roger Federer, or very heavy finishing shots deep down the line for a winner with its smooth plough through.
Downsides to note:
- The racquet may be heavier than many weekend warriors can manage for a best of three sets match.
- You will need to bring your own power on your serve.
The Wilson Pro Staff Roger Federer Laver Cup Autograph Limited Edition RF97 2019 can be purchased at:
- Sports Report: Whang Soon Ann/ 96666856 Queesway Shopping Centre 03-47
- Leisure Sports: Melvin Tan/ 6737 0656 Far East Shopping Centre 545 Orchard Road B1-11
- String Fix: Sharon Yeo/ 9785 4066 Hong Leong Building 16 Raffles Quay B1-36
TAG International Tennis Academy Definitive Guide Series
This article is part of the TAG Definitive Guide Series which encompasses the best tennis advice available on the internet. If you enjoyed this article, some other interesting tennis instruction articles you may like:
- Best tips to a reliable Double Backhand by TAG Coach Israel Abarquez
- Best tips to a powerful serve by TAG Coach Michael Mantua
- Best tips to a single backhand return of serve by TAG Coach Peter Egos
- Best left-hander tips by TAG Coach Parekh Pratim
- Best tips to a devastating one handed backhand by TAG Coach Bo Alburo
- Best tips to a knee buckling drop shot by TAG Coach Ten Rapeepat
- Best tips to an effective Serve and Volley Game by TAG Coach Ray Evan
- Best tips to an impregnable defence by TAG Coach Rocky Paglalunan
- Best tips to a ferocious inside out forehand by TAG Coach Jeremy Maniago
- Best tips on the art of poaching in doubles by TAG Coach Dave Regencia
- Best tennis conditioning exercises to become more accurate and powerful and outlast your opponents by TAG Coach Bobby Esquivel
- Best advice on Nutrition and Diet in Tennis for Peak Athletic Performance by TAG Coach xt
- Mental toughness secrets to winning more tennis matches
- Teaching the advanced foundation to ensuring the maximum developmental potential in competitive junior tennis players
- Comprehensive Guide to Tennis Strings and the Best Tennis Stringers in Singapore
- Highlight: Australian Open Stringer Melvin Tan of Leisure Sports in Orchard Road, the heart of Singapore
- Highlight: ATP Malaysia Open Stringer Sharon Yeo of String Fix in the Central Business District of Singapore
- Essential things you must have in your tennis bag on matchday
- Organise a tennis birthday party or tennis event with the best event host in Singapore, Mervyn Goh
- Comprehensive guide to ladies competitive and social tennis in Singapore
If you are looking to improve your tennis, you can look to some of Singapore’s best private tennis coaches such as the tennis coaches from the best tennis academy in Singapore, TAG International Tennis Academy by taking private tennis lessons. We can be contacted at +6598395232, or contact us HERE.
TAG International Tennis Academy
Where Champions Learn to Play
Winchester Tennis Arena
Where it’s Game On, Always.